The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Rules https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/index.html establish national standards for protection and security of certain electronic protected health information (e-PHI). The security of our clients’ e-PHI is fundamental to Fluency, Inc. and we are committed to protecting it.
Fluency hosts sensitive data on dedicated DELL servers with 3-tier client/server architecture utilizing Microsoft Information Services IIS version 7.5. Web pages are secured with 256-bit Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption. Fluency also uses SonicWall Enterprise Class Firewalls that couple with Dell’s SonicWall Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite (CGSS) which includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, application intelligence and control service.
To maintain secure data and accounts:
- Keep your device’s operating system and software up-to-date
- Do not leave your device or desktop open and unattended
- Protect your home wireless networks by securing your WiFi router
Immediately Change any default passwords anywhere Change your password every ninety (90) days
- Passwords should not contain words
- Passwords should be at least 8 characters in length
- Passwords should contain uppercase, lowercase, numeric and non-alphanumeric characters
- Passwords/passcodes should not be shared
- Passwords/passcodes should not be written down
- Deploy Anti-virus software